4.01.2010

the beginning of the end

so after much prayer, thought, and discussion, daniel and i decided that i should put in one month of notice at my jewelry store job.

at the end of february, he reduced my hours. instead of tuesday through saturday, i've only been working tuesday through thursday. this also cut my commission dramatically, since most of my commission came from friday and saturday sales.

on top of this, he has been sending me home or telling me not to bother coming in about once a week. so as it turns out, i've only been working 2 days a week on average. and earning a tiny fraction of the commission i used to earn.

we used to have 3 stores. now we just have the one. we were anticipating that jeff was going to let me go altogether. well, we both felt that it would be much better to quit than to be fired (even for such an innocent reason). so that was what we decided to do.

once i brought it up with my boss and gave him a date for my last day, he said, "well, we'll see about that. you know how slow it is. i just don't need people during the week." i offered to work fridays. he has some other help on fridays, though.

all in all, i have no idea whether or not i will work another day for jeff, because next week i will be in indiana for easter break with my brother and sister-in-law (!!!). i have no idea if he will have me come back in after that. maybe one day a week.

we knew it was possible that this would happen. but we decided that if that was the case, all the more reason to beat him to the punch.

so that's that.

No comments: