1.17.2011

I got this from my sister-in-law =)

–What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I went on a vacation to Houston, TX with my hubby, and went out on a limb and auditioned for a Christian dance company while I was there.

– Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making one last year, and I have made one for this year - I want to read one fiction book per month. I usually read plenty of nonfiction, but I love good fiction! I need to make time to read it.

– Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sheesh - who DIDN'T?? =P Congratulations to: Mary and Craig, Heather and Sam, Ashley and Jeff (I guess that was actually early 2011), Kat and Josh, Beth and Justin and several more that I am not exactly close to, but I know and stalk on Facebook. =P Also, congratulations to the excpecting: Melissa M, Johnna, Jodi, Melissa B and more!

– What countries did you visit?
None this year, but we started planning a backpacking trip around Europe!

– What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A JOB!

– What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The days spent in Houston, days spent in Indiana with my brother and sister-in-law (especially our trip to the Children's Museum!), the day that Daniel's MD teacher certification process fell through and we started to seriously think about moving back to CA (this one just happened in early December!)

– What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maintaining a mostly positive, resilient spirit in the midst of disappointment after disappointment vocationally - though I cannot take credit for that at all. It's only by the grace of God. =)

– What was the best thing you bought?
An iPod shuffle for Daniel for Christmas =)

– Whose behavior merited celebration?
Daniel's - he is the most gentle, patient, hilarious man in the world.

– What song will always remind you of 2010?
– What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read good fiction! And take Jack on walks.

– What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being irritable, wasting time.

– How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas morning at home with my hubby over g-free cinnamon rolls that were a minor disappointment. Daniel gave me the most thoughtful, loving gifts! Then we went over to my parents where my mom's family was gathered for lunch and more partying =) I love Christmas.

– Did you fall in love in 2010?
More and more, every year (thank You, Jesus!)

– What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance, House, Lie to Me, (the Office... I'm an addict, but it's really getting worse every year now).

– What was the best book you read?
The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards - Hands down! Read it, if you haven't already!

– What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amos Lee - I learned a short dance to his "Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight," when I was in Houston. SOO GOOD!!! Also Andrew Belle - He opened for Tyrone Wells, and he was AMAZING!

– What did you want and get?
Just another day in paradise... =)

– What did you want and not get?
A good job.

– What was your favorite film of this year?
It's Kind of Funny Story - not widely marketed or distributed, but WONDERFUL! See it!!

– What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 on April 13th =)

– How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Hating the 80's comeback. Seriously, people?

– What kept you sane?
My husband. (Amen, Lauren.)

– Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Steve Carrell.

– What political issue stirred you the most?
"Teachers for Question A" - what a load of crap! Thanks a lot, vague signs on every corner that won us slots in our county.

– Who did you miss?
My sister-in-law, all my friends in California and scattered in other states around the country.

– Who was the best new person you met?
Sam, my cousin Brooke's best friend/maid of honor. She is super fun to be around, and I was so glad to get to know her a little better this year.

– Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
God sees. God hears. God is concerned. And God loves to provide. - The Land Between by Jeff Manion (God used this book in a huge way in my life, particularly in getting me to what I mentioned above as my "greatest achievement" of the year.)

– Quote a song that sums up your year:
"It's okay. It's so nice. It's just another day in paradise. There's no place that I'd rather be. Two hearts. One dream. I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I ask the Lord every night for just another day in paradise." -Phil Vassar

2 comments:

Janice said...

I loved reading this!!! : ) Thanks for sharing. I love you.

Unknown said...

What an amazing year! I wish I could spend every day with you... wait...I can!

I love life.