9.06.2010

Picture Post - Second Installment

While we were visiting Jeff and Lauren over Easter Break, we made the two hour trip up to Chicago - my favorite U.S. city - for a day. Daniel had never been, and I had a great time showing him around, to the best of my limited abilities (I'd only been there once before, for a week).

What a view! You can't see it here, but the lake is just off to the left of the frame.


It was a sunny, but CHILLY day in Chicago.


There was a big film production going on. Pretty cool =)


Because of that, the space around "The Bean" was completely open and cleared of pedestrians. Made for a great picture, by Daniel.


We said "hi" to our friend Craig's favorite building, the John Hancock building, for him.


One of the things I enjoy most about Chicago is seeing the old buildings juxtaposed against the new ones. Love. It.


We were SPENT after walking around all day. Thankfully, there was Gino's East Pizza to revive our weary souls.

See this??? Best. Pizza. Ever.


There was writing COVERING the walls!

We wrote on top of some white paint-marker, so that it would show up. See it?

"H + D '10"

And, finally, we found a Caribou Coffee. We love Caribou, and when I was in Chicago before, they seemed to be on every corner. Of course I told Daniel this, and he was very excited. But we didn't see one ALL DAY! At last, we found one on our way back to our car =) We were very happy to have Caribou for the ride home.


One more installment to come! Hope you're having as much fun catching up as I am =)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Chicago is my favorites US city too!