10.01.2009

bringin home the bacon

or at least SOME bacon, at last =)

my last job paid very well by the hour, but i hardly got any hours. so i've been job searching like crazy, and God finally gave me one! hooray!

i'm working at the local jeweler where daniel and i got my engagement ring and both of our bands. i even had a little sterling silver, engagement ring made for daniel at this place =) he wore it on his right hand. anyway, the place is called niland and company jewelers, and i just help out all around. sales, organizing, record keeping, hanging out and chatting when it's slow. it's very laid back and non-stressful, which is lovely.

i work saturdays, but i have sundays off. so i work 10:30 to 6 tuesday through saturday (they are closed on mondays). so daniel is going to try to do lesson plans and grading till i get home from work each day, and when i'm away on saturdays. so hopefully we will still have plenty of time together.

i've only worked two days, but so far, i have a feeling that this job will be a good fit for me, and that i will be a big help to jeff, the jeweler.

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

wow! yay! I've been meaning to ask you the name of that jeweler as I think I need a new "crown" for my engagement ring--and now you work there! congrats!

tp said...

hi heather- true story, I did substitute for Daniel one day-- the kids really love him. anyway, what a small world with all of our "mutual" connections :)
congrats on the job- I think that jeweler is a great little place!