11.16.2008

sad news first

the cottage has been bought - but not by us. sad for us. (to be read with a wistful sigh)

but! dear friends, i am on the hunt for more part-time work, so as to contribute more to the team clark grocery fund as well as to ward off cabin fever. here are my thoughts so far:

1) there is a new starbucks in the mall that is much nicer than the old starbucks in the mall. i've done plenty of barista-ing in my life, and have always enjoyed it. yes, it's true. i've enjoyed it a lot. and, hey, maybe i can be/become a shift manager, what with all my coffee experience.

2) bare essentuals is hiring for the holiday season, and they usually keep people on after the season. i'm serious, i LOVE bare minerals makeup. the stuff is AMAZING. i had a roommate in college who used it, and i've been a believer ever since. it's such a warm and soothing environment in the store, and i'd get to put makeup on people all day, and advise them what colors of eyeshadow complement their coloring best. sounds like fun to me! heather, you know i like to do peoples' makeup ;-)

3) my third choice so far is actually a tie between ann taylor loft in the new part of the mall, or bath and body works. the nice thing about ann taylor is the environment - chill. the nice thing about bath and body works is that it sells like hotcakes, so you don't have to bug the shoppers.

what do you think? i'm checking up on my applications tomorrow... cross your fingers!

"sells like hotcakes"... wikianswers does NOT have the answer to where this phrase comes from. if you know, you should tell wikianswers what's up.

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

all of those sounds delightful-especially the Bare Essentials gig, sounds much more soothing than having to deal with high-maintenance addicts (many star bucks customers--not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

haha, yes, I am much much shorter than Sam. and for what it's worth, I DO forget. until I see family photos, and I'm like, "DANG! I'm short!" Sam replies, "No, dear, I'm just really tall..." He'd have to be a freaking GIANT for me to no longer qualify as short, but the thought is sweet.

Beth said...

I'm voting Starbucks. You already know you like to be a barista. And you MAY have more control over shifts than you would doing Christmas season in a mall.

And Senior Years all THREE of your roomies used Bare Essentuals. Definitely love that stuff. I didn't know that they had their own store. It's not part of a Sephora or Ulta or anything? The discount there would be a good perk. Hmmm, I think I'm changing my vote.

Also, will you please post a picture of your puppy Jack so I can see him?! I want a dog but Justin says we cannot have a dog the same time we are having a baby. I guess that makes sense. :)

Love you!
Beth